Did You Suffer Adverse Side Effects from Risperdal?
If you took Risperdal and subsequently developed a serious condition, you may wish to pursue legal action. 1-800-LAW-FIRM will fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Risperdal, or Risperidone, is an anti psychotic medication made by the Janssen division at Johnson & Johnson. It is perscribed to treat a variety of conditions including autism, bipolar disorder, dementia, schizophrenia, and Tourette’s Syndrome. There are many serious side effects that may occur as a result of taking Risperdal.
Adverse side effects include:
- Gynecomastia: Gynecomastia is characterized as abnormal breast growth in boys or men. Symptoms of this condition include breast sensitivity, discharge out of the nipple, and enlargement and/or swelling of the breast tissue. In addition to the physical manifestations of this condition, gynecomastia may also cause emotional trauma in patients
- Breast Cancer: One of the major side effects associated with Risperdal is increased levels of prolactin in the body. Elevated prolactin levels have been linked to causing breast cancer in both men and women. This condition is not listed as a side effect by the manufacturer of Risperdal
- Galactorrhea: This condition is characterized by milky discharge from the nipple unrelated to normal milk production of breast-feeding. Galactorrhea, a documented side effect Risperdal, occurs as a result of elevated levels of prolactin in the body
- Hyperprolactinemia: Hyperprolactinemia occurs when the level of prolactin reaches a highly abnormal level in the blood stream. Conditions caused by this hyperprolactinemia include infertility, loss of libido, nipple discharge, breast enlargement, impotence, low sperm count, menstruation problems
- Metabolic Syndrome: Metabolic syndrome occurs when a patient has multiple conditions that increase one’s likelihood of developing heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome includes high blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol levels
- Pituitary Gland Tumors: The pituitary gland is responsible for releasing hormones into the body that control vital bodily functions. Symptoms of pituitary gland tumors include vision changes and headaches. In some cases, hormones can also be affected, interfering with menstrual cycles and causing sexual dysfunction
Understand Your Legal Options
If you or a loved one used Risperdal and experienced any of the symptoms listed above, contact 1-800-LAW-FIRM for a free and confidential consultation. You may be eligible to receive a cash settlement.