Unfortunate statistics are showing that roughly 29 people die each day because of an alcohol-related car crash. If a driver has ever impacted you or a loved one under the influence, then you know how real and heartbreaking this can be. However, if you are dealing with a DUI charge, you also need to know that you have the best DUI lawyer on your case. This is never a process that you want to get into on your own. Finding a good criminal defense law firm will ensure you have the guidance and support that you need, especially if it looks as though you could be facing jail time.
You mustn't let your mistake change the rest of your life. Instead, you can use these helpful tips to contact the right DUI arrest lawyer to handle your case:
- Always Ask Around - The best first step when looking to hire an attorney is to ask around. Speak with other people that you know who have worked with a DUI lawyer in the past so that you can discuss their experience and gather referrals. If you do not know anyone with a DUI history, you can talk with a lawyer from a different practice-style to find out who they would recommend to take on your case.
- Look for Experience - The experience and track record of a lawyer will speak volumes for their work and what you may be able to expect. As you start your search for the best DUI lawyer, make sure you are looking for someone who focuses on DUI cases rather than a general lawyer. This ensures that you get the hands-on experience that you need for your case. Failing to get someone with experience could mean that you will encounter a loss of license, jail time, the inability to keep your job, higher auto insurance rates, and more.
- Read Through Reviews - Of course, you can always take some time to read reviews on any of the criminal defense attorneys out there, including those in and around your local area. These reviews will give you a solid understanding of their history and what past and present clients think.
- Consider Their Law Firm - In some instances, the size of the law firm an attorney works for may play a role in your selection. Some people find that a larger law firm will give the representation they need because more resources are available.
- Book a Consultation - A consultation is critical when hiring any lawyer. When you go in for your consultation, be sure to ask about how many cases they have defended, the number of trials, what their percentage is in terms of DUI focus, and their success rate.
It is important that you do not go through the process alone if you have been charged with a DUI. Hiring the best DUI lawyer is the only way to give you peace of mind that you should have the results you hope. Contact Arvin Ross Barrister & Solicitor for a free consultation for your criminal case by calling (416) 960-0781.